TaggingField is a client side JScript customization, which turns any standard CRM 4.0 textbox into a tag-enabled textbox. By typing you will get a select box below the textbox showing available tags that come from all records of the same type.
TaggingField is intended to add a simple tagging function for normal text fields (nvarchar) to CRM forms. Available tags wil be determined and proposed based on the content of tag-fields of all records of the same type (same entity).
Furthermore, the selection of tags proposed can be restricted by the value of a second text- or lookup-field to certain records (e.g.: you want to make sure that the jobtitles given in scope of a account will be unique to all employees within this special account
--> set tagDependsOnFieldName
- Navigate to CRM customizations, open desired CRM entity and form, choose form properties, open OnLoad event
- Paste the downloaded JScript code
- Make sure you changed the tagFieldName value to the desired text field an choose the correct entity by
- If you don't like to make the tag list dependent on a separate field value set
tagDependsOnFieldName to "" (empty string)
- If you set a condition field please make sure that tagDependsOnFieldIsLookup is set to the correct value
- Check the behaviour configuration parameters to configure the script to your needs:
- tagMatchFromStart = comparision will match input-string against tag-items from the beginning if true
- tagMinimumMatchChars = defines the minimum length of input before suggestions will show up
- tagMaximumInList = defines the limit of tags proposed (default: 10)
- tagToken = defines the character that separates the tags (default: ",")
- Save and close the form designer and publish the previous opened CRM entity